Please review the following information regarding the student transfer application process for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Transfer applications will only be accepted during the Transfer Application Window. The window to complete a Transfer Application for the 2019-2020 school year will be May 6, 2019 through May 24, 2019. No new applications for transfers will be accepted after May 24, 2019 (see the document linked below for exceptions).
- In-District transfer applications will be completed online beginning May 6, 2019. A link to the online application will be posted on the SAISD website on May 6, 2019. (If you live outside the district but are currently on a transfer to SAISD, you are considered an in-district transfer and will complete the online application.)
- All new out-of-district transfers and new to SAISD (including kindergarten) transfer applications will require a paper application. Applications can be printed online or picked up in the SAISD Student Services office during the application window. All parents/guardians requesting an out-of-district transfer or first time kindergarten transfer request will be required to hand deliver the completed application to the SAISD Student Services office located at the SAISD Administration Building, 1621 University.
- A transfer application must be completed each year regardless of current transfer status. Transfers are not guaranteed and are good for one school year only.
- Parents will be notified by email of their transfer application status by June 28, 2019.
For more information regarding the student transfer process for the 2019-2020 school year, download this informational document or contact the Director of Student Services at 325-947-3838, ext. 171.