Title I, Part C - Migrant Education
San Angelo ISD will provide assistance and support to all migrant students in our district in order to meet high academic challenges and amplify student achievement at the highest level.
We will be successful in our mission by supporting locally-based Migrant Education Programs in:
- Identifying and recruiting migrant students;
- Providing high quality supplemental and support services;
- Fostering coordination among schools, agencies, organizations, and businesses to assist migrant families;
- Collaborating with other states to enhance the continuity of education for migrant students.
The Migrant Education Program intention is to design and support programs that help migrant students overcome the challenges of mobility, cultural and language barriers, social isolation, and other difficulties associated with a migratory lifestyle. These efforts are aimed at assisting migrant students in order to help them succeed in school and successfully transition to postsecondary education or employment.
The purpose of the Migrant Education Program is to:
- support high-quality and comprehensive educational programs for migratory children to help reduce the educational disruptions and other problems that result from repeated moves;
- ensure that migratory children who move among the states are not penalized in any manner by disparities among the states in curriculum, graduation requirements, and state academic content and student academic achievement standards;
- ensure that migratory children are provided with appropriate educational services (including supportive services) that address their special needs in a coordinated and efficient manner;
- ensure that migratory children receive full and appropriate opportunities to meet the same challenging State academic content and student academic achievement standards that all children are expected to meet.
If additional assistance is needed, please contact your local Migrant Department or The National Migrant Education Hotline at 1-800-234-8848.