San Angelo Independent School District offers a full-day Prekindergarten Program for children who are four years old, on or before September 1 of each current school year; live in the San Angelo Independent School District; and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Is limited in the ability to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
- is eligible for free or reduced lunch based on the family’s income; or
- is homeless as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Service following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
A child who is eligible for enrollment under item 4 or 5 above, remains eligible if the child’s parent leaves the armed forces, or is no longer on active duty, after the child begins prekindergarten.
San Angelo ISD does not offer a tuition based prekindergarten program. Our current programs offered are for students who meet the criteria for entry established by the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
Requirements for Enrollment
- Proof of residence within the district (contract on house, lease agreement, actual title to house, current SAISD tax statement, or current utility bill indicating the address and the parent/guardian’s name);
- Official birth certificate;
- Immunization record (must be up-to-date);
- Social security card (preferred, but will not prevent enrollment)
- DOD Identification (Military)
- Verification of current income for July & August (Please complete the SAISD Pre-Kindergarten Qualifying Form if your income falls within or below the guidelines listed in the chart shown on the form.)
Prekindergarten Enrollment Procedure
Pre-Registration for Prekindergarten is typically held in April and on-site registration is held in August. Look for more information to be posted on the SAISD homepage.
|Alta Loma Elementary||1700 Garfield St.||325-947-3914|
|Austin Elementary||700 North Van Buren||325-659-3636|
|Belaire Elementary||700 Stephen||325-659-3639|
|Bradford Elementary||2302 Bradford St.||325-659-3645|
|Fannin Elementary||1702 Wilson St.||325-947-3930|
|Glenmore Elementary||323 Penrose St.||325-659-3657|
|McGill Elementary||201 Millspaugh St.||325-947-3934|
|Reagan Elementary||1600 Volney St.||325-659-3666|
7:35 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Feeder School Pattern
|Attendance Zone/Feeder Schools||Assigned Campus|
|Bonham Elementary||McGill Elementary|
|Bowie Elementary||McGill Elementary|
|Crockett Elementary||Austin Elementary|
|Fort Concho Elementary||Glenmore Elementary|
|Goliad Elementary||Austin Elementary|
|Holiman Elementary||Glenmore Elementary|
|Lamar Elementary||McGill Elementary|
|San Jacinto Elementary||Belaire Elementary|
|Santa Rita Elementary||Austin Elementary|
SAISD Prekindergarten Curriculum
The SAISD Prekindergarten Curriculum is based on the Texas Education Agency’s Prekindergarten Guidelines and aligned to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills. SAISD Prekindergarten also incorporates a supplemental curriculum, “Frog Street”, to enhance the curriculum already in place.
The importance of early learning is clear. Studies prove that children who have rich early learning experiences are better prepared to thrive in Kindergarten and beyond. It is the goal of San Angelo ISD to offer high quality learning opportunities that aim to ensure children leave preschool ready for success in Kindergarten.