Archived Meeting Minutes
1. Call to Order and Establish Quorum
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment- NONE AT THIS TIME
4. Adjourn to Closed or Executive Session in accordance with:
551.071 Texas Government Code
- Discussion with attorney regarding pending or threatened litigation
- Consultation with legal counsel regarding legal matters affecting consideration of action agenda items
551.074 Texas Government Code
- Discuss employee discipline, duties, resignations, reassignments , new hires, and evaluations-THE BOARD DID NOT ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION.
5. Presentation by Dr. Arnold Oates on Criteria for School Closures
6. Receive Public Input on Criteria for School Closures- NO PUBLIC COMMENT WAS GIVEN.
7. Review Proposed Budget for 2003-2004 School Year- PRESENTED BY MR. BRIGHT.
(a) Report on Students Affected by Code of Conduct Amendments-FIVE STUDENTS OWED LESS THAN TEN DAYS AND WERE ELIGIBLE TO RETURN TO THEIR RESPECTIVE CAMPUSES.
(b) Report on Teacher Certification- PRESENTED BY MRS. BAIRD
9. Action Agenda Item
(a) Consider Approval of Employee Salary Increases for the
2003-2004 School Year- OPTION 2 WAS APPROVED,
INCREASING STARTING TEACHER PAY TO $31,000
AND ALLOWING FOR A 2.5 % INCREASE FOR OTHER
- Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 5:30 p.m. Special School Board of Trustees Meeting, SAISD Administration Building Board Room
- September 19-22, 2003 43rd Annual TASB/TASA Convention Dallas , Texas
prepared by Jamie Highsmith , Public Information Officer