Archived Meeting Minutes
August 6, 2002
- The first public hearing on child care service
was held. These elementary schools will offer child care after
school provided by the YMCA:
Alta Loma, Austin, Bonham, Bowie, Crockett, Fan- nin, Glenmore, Goliad, McGill, Santa Rita, Travis.
The Boys Club will offer child care at Rio Vista
- Board minutes were approved for July 18,
- The following schools were recognized for
out-standing TAAS scores:
Exemplary schools: Bonham, Travis, Santa Rita,
Glenmore, and Bowie.
Recognized schools: Glenn Junior High, Austin, Belaire, Crockett, Fannin, Goliad, and McGill.
- During the public comment time, Mr. Max
Parker addressed the board regarding the need for more
coaches at the junior high level and asked that
the head football coaches at Lake View and
Central have their original benefits reinstated
and extra duties removed.
- Dr. Cole Pugh and Mrs. Joanne Rice addressed
Staff Development plans for the fall, noting that these opportunities
will have a direct impact on student achievement. Special highlights
will be the curriculum audit training and Margaret Kilgo
training. Other noted sessions include the Texas
Behavior Support Initiative, Capacity Building
Initiative, and Writing Defensible ARD Minutes.
- Mrs. Rice presented the Campus Data Disaggre-gation
Notebooks, which contain the following
helpful information for each campus:
the district's testing schedule
TAAS Cohort Study
Historical testing data
District testing data
Anticipated TAKS scores
Just for the Kids statewide comparison
Planning pages for vertical team/campus strategies
- Mrs. Gloria Baird gave the projections for
and split classrooms for this year. Santa Rita will
keep a 3-4 and a 5-6 classroom, while Travis will have a 1-2 classroom. Based on current projec-tions, no campus will have split classrooms.
- All items on the consent agenda were approved.
Regarding district employee travel, conference
registration, airfare, and hotel expense will be
paid in advance. Mileage and meal expense will
be paid within 5 business days of return.
- On the Action Agenda, all of these items
- Change orders for Southwest Elementary
- No tuition charge for transfer students
- Computer connections needed at Central High
- The Argus/King firm was hired to remove
at Crockett Elementary in the music room
Special Board Meeting Tuesday, Aug. 13 6:00 pm
(Presentation of 2002-03 Budget and approval of proposed tax rate)
Regular Board Meeting Tuesday, Aug. 20 5:30 pm
Special Board Meeting Thursday, Aug. 20 6:00 pm
(Hearing to adopt budget and set tax rate)