SAISD Students and Staff Honored by Counseling Association
February 6, 2020
Several SAISD students and staff were honored today at the Annual Three Rivers Counseling Association (TRCA) Appreciation Luncheon.
TRCA sponsors the Counselor Appreciation Luncheon each year to honor those who chose the profession of counseling to assist those who are in need of service. Additionally, TRCA honors students who have overcome adversity in their lives to be successful and progress academically.
- Lee Middle School counselor Michael O’Briant received the George Pliler Middle School Counselor of the Year award. Michael has also been named as the State Middle School Counselor of the Year by the Texas School Counselor Association.
- Central High School counselor Amy Rutherford received the George Pliler High School Counselor of the Year award.
- SAISD Director of Assessment and Counseling Rebecca Cline received the George Pliler Counselor Supervisor of the Year award.
- Reagan Elementary Principal Brandy Tyner received the George Pliler Campus Administrator of the Year award.
- Bradford Elementary 4th grader Jer'ryia Limuel-Battle received the Elementary Student Tribute Award.
- Central High School senior Jueun Jeong received the High School Student Tribute Award.
- Lake View High School senior Fabiola Felipe received the Three Rivers Counseling Association Scholarship Award.
Congratulations to all on these outstanding honors!
About Three Rivers Counseling Association
Three Rivers Counseling Association is a local chapter of the Texas Counseling Association. TRCA unites those engaged in counseling and guidance work in the area of West Texas in Tom Green and 16 other surrounding counties. TRCA coordinates counseling and guidance activities and promotes research in counseling and guidance work in the West Texas area. For more information, visit trca.txca.org.