Board Approves 2010-2011 Calendar
December 15, 2009
During the December school board meeting, the board approved the calendar for the 2010-2011 school year.
Highlights of the new calendar include:
- The first day of classes for students will be August 23
- Teachers will begin the school year on August 12 with professional days, campus planning, and grade level/department planning.
- Holidays will include Labor Day, three days during the week of Thanksgiving, two weeks at Christmas, Martin Luther King Day, and Good Friday.
- Spring Break is scheduled March 14 - 18.
- If bad weather days are not needed, they will be taken on February 21 and April 22.
- The last day of school will be May 27.
- Graduation will be held on Saturday, May 28.