Head Start to Hold Open Enrollment
August 1, 2017
The San Angelo ISD Head Start program will hold open enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year during the first week of August. Registration will take place at all three Head Start Centers August 2 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and August 3-4 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The SAISD Head Start program offers indvidualized, quality early childhood education in a structured environment at no cost to families who meet the 2017-2018 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. To qualify for Head Start, children must be 3-4 years old by September 1, 2017. Day Early Head Start and Rio Vista Early Head Start also offer services for children ages 0-3 years of age and the Pregnant Mom’s Program.
Please bring the following required documents with you to register your child:
- PROOF OF ALL FAMILY INCOME (1040, W2, TANF, SSI, Social Security, child support, check stubs, unemployment, Veterans benefits, etc.) You can come by and pick up an Employment Verification Form, and your employer can fill it out if you don’t have proof.
- Proof of Child's Age (legal birth certificate, Baptismal certificate (with seal), Medicaid card, or shot record)
- Child’s Shot Record
- Child's Social Security Card
- Proof of Medicaid, CHIP or Private Health Insurance (if applicable)
- Proof of Guardianship, CPS, Foster Care, Kinship Care Documents (if applicable)
- IFSP/IEP for Diagnosed Disability (if applicable)
The SAISD Head Start/Early Head Start program focuses on Parent Involvement, Quality Educational Services, and services for children with disabilities, while offering highly qualified and dedicated teachers, personalized family support services, and nutritious meals and snacks.
For further information, please contact one of the following Head Start Centers:
Blackshear Head Start
2223 Brown St.
Day Early/Head Start
3026 N. Oaks St.
Rio Vista Early/Head Start
2800 Ben Ficklin Rd.