Head Start to Hold Open Enrollment
April 13, 2017
The San Angelo ISD Head Start program will hold an open enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year from Tuesday, April 18 through Thursday, April 20. Registration for all three Head Start campuses will take place at Rio Vista Head Start, 2800 Ben Ficklin Rd. Registration hours will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The SAISD Head Start program offers quality early childhood education at no cost to families who meet the 2017-2018 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
To qualify for Head Start, children must be 3-4 years old by September 1, 2017. The Day and Rio Vista centers also have Early Head Start for children ages 0-3 years of age. Applications will also be accepted for the Pregnant Moms Program, which ensures moms have access to prenatal health care and receive adequate training on child development, breastfeeding, lactation, nutrition, SIDS, shaken baby, and more.
Please bring the following required documents with you to register your child:
- PROOF OF ALL FAMILY INCOME (1040, W2, TANF, SSI, Social Security, child support, check stubs, unemployment, Veterans benefits, etc.) You can come by and pick up an Employment Verification Form, and your employer can fill it out if you don’t have proof.
- Proof of Child's Age (legal birth certificate, Baptismal certificate (with seal), Medicaid card, or shot record)
- Child’s Shot Record
- Child's Social Security Card
- Proof of Medicaid, CHIP or Private Health Insurance (if applicable)
- Proof of Guardianship, CPS, Foster Care, Kinship Care Documents (if applicable)
- IFSP/IEP for Diagnosed Disability (if applicable)
The SAISD Head Start/Early Head Start program focuses on Parent Involvement, Quality Educational Services, and services for children with disabilities, while offering highly qualified and dedicated teachers, personalized family support services, and nutritious meals and snacks.
For further information, please contact one of the following Head Start Centers:
Blackshear Head Start
2223 Brown St.
Day Early/Head Start
3026 N. Oaks St.
Rio Vista Early/Head Start
2800 Ben Ficklin Rd.